Thursday, July 16, 2026

I Have a Washing Machine

   Yesterday I wrote a post about this, early this morning I am re reading it and wayyyy too long haha

   I was so stressed out yesterday morning, that I started hand washing some items. I wrote a post on Facebook about my situation with Lowes-a long time friend near our woods home calls me up-Kathy-when I visited last week I said to call me if you need anything. Me-I know but you are an hour's drive away and a busy man with your own business and raising your two young grandsons. Kathy I will buy you a washing machine and install it.

   So he did just that-I paid him for the washing machine and extra for his time. So thankful. I was on the phone with Lowes as well-the delivery person lied about the width of the opening on top of the steps-he just did Not want to bring in my appliances. I finally got to a person at Lowes that actually listened to me and I got my refund in about 2 hours-went back to my credit card yesterday and should get posted today. For some reason they kept $39.00 of it but I am done with the stress of it all-probably a fee they are charging me for issuing the refund-craziness.

  Friends are so important-forgot about that since we moved here to the lake. We do have one couple that lives close to us on the lake-that helps us from time to time as well. They are now living in Florida for 6 months though to enjoy warmer weather.

 I got most of our clothes washed and dried yesterday, today I will start on the huge pile of bedding. I woke up too early again this morning-so I should have started a load

  Looks like a bit of rain coming in today.



Google is not letting me post comments-again. I will be back to respond when I can

10 comments:

  1. We were so unhappy about our privacy fence we had installed last year. We were told it would take a month to install because they were backed up in installation. ..we were fine with that. But then it actually took them 3 months to install that dang fence and we had already started paying for it for 2 months. Bob was so mad he contacted Lowes and said why are we paying for something we do not even have yet? We were only supposed to get 3 months free interest, but now we have it free until it is paid off. So glad you have a friend who was willing to assist you and you now have your washing machine. YAY Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Services have declined in the last years-not as much pride or work ethics any more-very sad our country is declining in this for sure. I was thankful my friend did this for me

      Delete
  2. Yay to such friends! We all need help from time to time! I drive my friends nuts when I say "no, I can manage!" - just because I had some "friend" who requested my help for the tiniest things all the time.
    At one point I said: "Ask somebody else!" And I don´t want that happen to me! So, at times, when my friend says, I nearly drive past your house anyways I say yes and bring a snack as thank you. Win-win? Hugs to you and the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for such good friends. That was so nice of him. And as for Lowe's, that delivery person should be fired. They were hired to deliver and if they don't...they don't deserve the job. That exciting news. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard quite a few stories about delivery services that don't do what they're supposed to. Good for you for holding the company accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you can wash clothes again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you have your washing machine, Kathy. I love the sentiment of Snoopy!!! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh i'm glad Lady Luck smiled on you and your friend came to help... :) I would hate to be without a washing machine... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was over the top stressed at what Lowes did to me and a lot of work-cleaning out the frig, the drawer on bottom of electric stove full of cast iron pieces friends are valuable for sure

      Delete
  8. It was good to read that friends are so helpful, Kathy, but not good about Lowes non-delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting

Hot Hot & Hotter

  Happy new week.    We hit a 100 F degrees yesterday plus the high humidity, so I checked the weather forecast and Wow we will be in the 10...