Sunday, August 16, 2026

Frozen Yogurt Making This Morning

   After searching online a bit for a recipe to make frozen yogurt-I ended up using the one from Cuisinart's recipe book that came with my machine. Nothing online seemed any better.

  I did change it up a bit to use what I had on hand. Also read online to add a tablespoon of vodka to keep the homemade version from getting very hard in the freezer. Which will happen so glad I found that tip.

I have three of the large Greek yogurt containers that were going out of date that I wanted to use up  The first batch turned out delicious. I made a second batch as the frozen bowl still seemed pretty frozen enough for a second batch.

  Larry loved it so that's a win-smiles.




  This recipe filled a quart freezer container with an extra cup

If interested in the recipe let me know and I will add it here


Update: Using the base that gets frozen for a second batch is Not a good idea. The churning time is almost up and it has not solidified yet.  I didn't hear any thawing in bowl-so thought I would try the second batch-now I know need to refreeze it again after one batch.

  My area in the Ozarks-Missouri is still very hot and humid-hope this breaks soon

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Kathy!! AAaahhh live and learn right? now you know!.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making frozen yoghurt. I use a Ninja Creami and then my homemade non-dairy yoghurt. It's so good. Happy Frozen Yoghurt Making!!!! Great way not to waste. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon-thanks-I agree food is too expensive to waste this turned out so delicious

      Delete

Thank you for visiting

Frozen Yogurt Making This Morning

   After searching online a bit for a recipe to make frozen yogurt-I ended up using the one from Cuisinart's recipe book that came with ...