Friday, August 14, 2026

We Hit 100 F Degrees

   I went up to get the mail and Wow felt like it was even hotter along with the still very high humidity And it was-we just hit 100 F degrees  At this point it is a waste of well water to hand water my garden flowers-sadly Being perennials the plants should survive going into next year though.

  I am enjoying stitching on my civil war era reproduction fabrics on the scroll. A really nice way to enjoy the fabrics as I hand stitch. Probably stitched another 8 inches today and yesterday.

 The other day we had quite the scare.  Our nurse on last week Friday turned up the oxygen without telling Larry about it, as he was having difficulty breathing. A couple nights ago things went bad, I slept through everything and by morning he couldn't breath very well at all. 

   Being a deep water scuba diver in his younger years he knew what was going on.  So when I got up we lowered the oxygen number and today finally a bit back to normal. The nurse didn't believe us that she was the cause-so Larry tells her his story about a deep dive, and when he was into it realized they didn't give him enough oxygen to take down that deep. Long story but since his 20's he ended up with one good lung and one very compromised. 

 Our doctor before we went on hospice told them to never put the oxygen above a certain number. His nurse understood after he explained it all-says she will investigate on why this was not in his chart. Hospitals and care giving companies just don't pay attention to individual needs any more. The one thing I know for sure if this would have happened in the Lake hosp or a nursing home he would not have survived.

  The weather here is really extreme. I have the thermostat set at 78 and it is running more now with this hot and humid weather-hopefully by September or at least by October the temps will drop and get rid of the high humidity.

 A lot of boat activity on the lake though-many enjoy hot summers on the water.

     For the last two years I have had a hard time getting my weight back up up to 110 or higher. This week, after making myself eat more food through out the day my weight  has made it to 111-so happy dance haha.  Now working on getting my hair to grow again. Stress is hard on the body for sure. My hair is soooo thin now. Trying a couple herbal oils to help with hair growth and breakage. 

 This might be the weekend for that big speed boat event. More going on at the other end of the lake, so we are enjoying a more peaceful lake this summer-loving that.

 Happy weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting

We Hit 100 F Degrees

   I went up to get the mail and Wow felt like it was even hotter along with the still very high humidity And it was-we just hit 100 F degre...