Good morning Thursday, This seems like a very long week so far-some weeks are like that.
I checked the 10 day weather forecast this morning the high humidity and close to 100 F continues for the next several days-Looks like September cooler weather will show up middle of next week sometime. The heat wouldn't be quite so bad if not for the continued high humidity here.
I still have had hummingbirds with travelers stopping by too over the last several days so I was back up to a couple dozen. This morning so far I just have a few hummingbirds-so more have traveled on At the woods house, which is just a hour away, the hummingbirds pretty much travel on first week in September. Here at the lake I have had lots of hummingbirds further into September . I will miss them.
For next year I will buy another pole for four more feeders-I had lots of orioles that stayed and had youngsters this year too. I had to stop feeding seed in the fall and winter months do to ---too many squirrels at destroying the feeders and eating all the seeds-ugh. There are soooo many squirrels and chipmunks here at the lake. At the woods house they pretty much stayed out in the woods. Smiles
I finally got a full night's sleep last night. I asked for an extra nurse visit yesterday which was very helpful. I was asked to reconsider talking with a social worker-again-so I decided to let her come out on Monday. She may have some sources to help me process all this-which I think I am doing ok with, but since we have no family to help she may have ideas. I no longer feel comfortable leaving the house for errands now.
My friends that help us-and live an hour away near our woods property came out yesterday to start cleaning up the mess from the tree trimmers-I chose poorly on that tree trimmer-very bad choice on my part. The scary part is he left one of the worst dead trees-it is split and dead-and would not be good to fall on our house-our guys are trying to figure out how to get it down safely.
I met them up in town to rent a wood chipper for the day. They got all the limbs mulched so I have big piles of that now. They will be back to cut all the wood into firewood-I said they could have it for their families that heat with woodstoves or sell it. So they will be back for that soon. I do miss heating with wood-we had the best woodstoves there at the woods house. There is a wood stove here at the lake house but she had a major chimney fire so that would need a new insert. I do not think I am strong enough right now either to carry the wood-I do love heat from a woodstove on chilly fall days and winter. This wood stove here has a flat top so I could cook on it too-which is nice in the winter. A big pot of chili is the best.
I needed to wash a few pillows. I was washing the last two this morning-and one of those really blew up and was messing with my washing machine-so won't be doing that again with that pillow which I have two of. Now to figure out how to get all the water out. I washed 4 pillows and this is the only one that did that.
I do puzzles on jigsaw planet to give my mind something different to think about-mostly snoopy and the peanuts crew haha I am doing fall themed now I was going to share one but site not letting me copy and paste.
Found this photo online Snoopy usually has me smiling
We really need rain here too-everything is getting super dry.
Do enjoy your upcoming weekend.
It sees like every day the heat advisory is extended for one more day. Something's gotta give!
ReplyDeleteGood morning, I sooo agree with you-this has been a rough summer-and now fall with the extreme temps and high humidity-hoping the end of this is the middle of next week.
DeleteIt is truly awful that you have to deal with such heat when what you really need is peace and relaxation, dear Kathy. I hope the weather becomes more pleasant for you soon. I’m also keeping my fingers crossed that the caregivers and support staff are looking after you well. I’m glad you’re getting help from your friends; it’s just a shame they don’t live closer.
ReplyDeleteBut that’s just how things are.
I’m sure your Snoopy puzzles are wonderful. Doing lovely things brings beauty into our lives.
Sending you a big hug and lots of love, Viola.
Thank you so much Viola-it is getting more difficult-but the care facilities here are horrible-husband gets much better care with the hospice nurses coming to us
DeleteThe snoopy puzzles are relaxing for sure. I have been working on finishing your bag too-wanted to finish and mail before I start working on my patriotic scroll
Hugs
Dear Kathy, I am so sorry you are experiencing this heat!!! Thankfully here in Montreal, the weather has cooled down to the 70s Fahrenheit, and it is such a relief for me.
ReplyDeletePlease stay safe and hydrated, dear friend. And I love the Charlie Brown illustration.
Thank you Linda, this has been an extremely hot and humid summer for sure-looks like mid next week cooler-hoping so--this high humidity needs to go-smiles
DeleteSo sorry you had issues with your tree guys. That sucks. Hope you find the care for Larry that you need. Love the Charlie Brown pic. Janice
ReplyDeleteGood morning, I have a good nurse with the hospice I am using. she came in on a day she was not scheduled to and helped me. It is getting harder for me as Larry declines I love the Charlie Brown and snoopy
DeleteI'm glad a hospice nurse came to visit. I hope they can come more often and give you some help. I used to be a hospice nurse, mainly at the hospice but >I've also been going out into the community. I do realise that the hospice in the USA is organised differently to that in the UK, but nevertheless it would be good if you got more help.
ReplyDeleteWhat a horrible situation with the tree guys. Not good at all. But fantastic that your friends came from far to help you.
Wishing you strength,
Lisca
Thank you Lisca, the nursing home type place near us is horrible, so thought hospice at home would be much better. For some reason the hospitals are not that good here anymore either. Yes the tree guys were horrible-I made a big mistake with them Not professionals at all-live and learn-hugs
DeleteKathy ... my heart goes out to you with everything you have going on... I hope you are able to get more help with Larry... To be afraid to leave the house must weigh so heavy on you.. We were lucky in AR .. we had one tree taken down.. too close to the house... and not in the best shape... we looked and looked for someone we could afford and hoped he was a good one.. turns out he was... he shimmied up that tree and took it down from the top down... I'm so sorry you got a bad one but happy you have some help... Thinking of you Kathy.. always.. Hugs! deb
ReplyDeletethank you-that was horrible tree service that we got-my neighbor gave me the name of one that is good for next time.
Deletethe congestive heart failure is really a horrible disease to deal with towards the end-the patient really suffers.
another high 90 degree day again today with the high humidity-cool down is coming though-finally hugs