Good morning Monday, Finally we have a cool down-it is 70 degrees at 6:20 am this morning, but the high today will be 75 F degrees with some rain-a long time coming this month for sure.
Yesterday was a very stressful day getting the hospital bed in for Larry. I was told one thing from Hospice and got something else. Not happy with the main nurse-Larry does not like her much-so asked for a different nurse. Sometimes that will cause issues so we will see what happens this week. I have some "bosses" calling me today from hospice.
I needed to re-arrange the furniture in the living room-thought it would be a better space for Larry and we can be together more. More light in this room as well but he watches totally different tv than I do so will probably watch some of my shows on the computer-we have streaming which I really like.
I still have hummingbirds-really thinking I am getting more travelers now too so I will keep the feeders up til I don't have any more visitors.
Wow the KC Chiefs are back-they are hungry for another super bowl I am thinking. Exciting game last night. I stopped watching the Green Bay Packers they are terrible and in great need of a different coach in my opinion. Notre Dame college-they have such excellent coaching there-they play better as a team than most NFL teams.
Now that it is finally cooler I may see if I can bake something. I need to finish getting in new appliances before winter-a friend will help me with that. I have apples so perhaps an apple crisp-will make in a smaller sized cast iron skillet this time. and I have been in the mood for cookies.
Have a good week ahead
Sure hope you get your hospital bed situation fixed quickly. We closed our windows last night. It was getting a bit brisk. Apple crisp sounds wonderful right now. Janice
ReplyDeleteThis is our first "fall" day cooler air so welcomed. I agree I love apple crisp-happy new week
DeleteI am thankful for the cooler weather. Still cloudy on my side of the state, but the front should be gone by tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou and me both have a cool down Kathy! thankgoodness... not as cool as i would like but still away from 100F... this morning got down to 69F ... daughter is stopping by after dropping kids off at school and we are taking a little walk around the neighborhood.. then hubby wants to work on fence... only a couple more panels to put up but they are the fiddley ones... then its just gates... and we'll just tackle those one at a time.. .. I hope putting the hospital bed in the living room works for you... by now you and Larry may be used to your solitude ... so that will be something new... Ugggghhh... to not like your head nurse... that would be awful.... i hope the 'bosses' can get something straightened out for you... Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteAh Kathy you are certainly having your set of challenges. Have been praying for you and Larry. The cooler weather has come our way - only a high of 57 or 58 today - first day of fall and it certainly feels like it. I still spotted a hummer last Thursday - like you - keeping my feeders out for the travelers! Take care friend. Sending you a big hug. Today makes me think I need to get some vegetable soup going :)!
ReplyDelete