Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Extreme Heat Continues

   Good morning,

      Thought I would do a quick post. The humidity and close to 100 F degrees actual temperatures continue. With the feels like temperatures we are in the 100's for sure.

   Things are getting worse for my husband. He suffers sooo much. The congestive heart failure-which his percentage of heart function being very very low now-is effecting his mental thinking-last night I was able to talk him out of it.  Caregiving is getting more difficult-the amount of suffering he is going through is a lot. Being stuck in a bed not being able to move around much is getting to his body too. We never know what  God will test us on.

  No comments needed-just wanted to pop in this morning. and of course Google still has Not fixed the blog roll issue-so I don't know when you have a new post listed.  I am not online all that much lately, but I do enjoy reading your posts.

  This week the hummingbirds began their migration. I had so many for awhile as travelers came through and stayed for a bit. Yesterday and this morning I have noticed many of the regulars have started their migration now. I will miss them-they always make me smile.


   


9 comments:

  1. So sorry to read about Larry. My Dad died of congestive heart failure and it is not only hard on the patient, but tough to watch someone you love going through it. I hope it cools off for you too. I saw about the heat in parts of the country. It was only 45 degrees when I got up this morning. That's a little too chilly for September, but hopefully some of the cool will move down your way. Stay strong Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, I am not getting any sleep now so not good-need to talk with nurses today on what I can do. I am soooo ready for fall weather-when we first moved down to Missouri for retirement around 23 years ago one of the first years we had an autumn like this one---the humidity is still extremely high too.
      Yes I will continue to be strong hugs

      Delete
  2. You are an amazing woman Kathy.... Larry is so lucky to have you... I'm so sorry Larry is doing worse... I was afraid of that when you hadn't posted in awhile... HOT here too... daughter and i just took an early morning walk and was still sweating by the end.. I sure hope the cool down happens next weekend like its predicted... But you know i remember in years past swimming in October... so you know... its Texas.... I remember hubby and family playing golf on Christmas... lol I keep hoping for an early Fall but it hasn't happened in a long time... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending all good wishes for your husband. I just got you bookmarked so until Blogger figures itself out, I can find you! If you haven't been able to access Blogger reader (don't know if it's acting up all over the world or just here), please follow me by email -- you can sign up on the Marmelade Gypsy home page on the right rail. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care Kathy, you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Kathy will keep praying for your hubby and you as well. Yes it is always so sad to see the hummers go. I was picking beans last evening and mine are still here. Take care - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m reading posts late as we are traveling, Kathy, and sorry to read about Larry’s declining health which certainly is hard on you both. It’s good to read that you have some help from the visiting nurse. The continued hot temps surely do not help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting

Cool Down Has Arrived-& Catch Up

 Good morning Monday, Finally we have a cool down-it is 70 degrees at 6:20 am this morning, but the high today will be 75 F degrees with som...