I decided to set up the patriotic scroll for stitching soon. Needed to order more blue and the white embroidery floss. I will be stitching rows of red white and blue on this one. Also stitching the rows closer together this time as well.
Getting set up to start marking the rows. Since it is easier for me to stitch as I had laid out the entire scroll first-will again stitch across beginning at one of the ends. If I decide to make another long scroll as I have one more large spool, may add fabric as I go, and stitch from the length. I am thinking many do it that way.
Some have asked why do I use safety pins instead of straight sewing pins? The safety pins do not come out-and I don't get poked by those sharp straight pins. I had ordered coil less safety pins which I really liked using, but when I ran out setting up the two scrolls the price was a lot more expensive, so bought a box of regular ones.
The sun is bright from the wall of windows
We have a lovely day today, and since I have packages coming in too, I grabbed my blower to clear the steep driveway of leaves and loads and loads of acorns. We have bushels of acorns out there as they are falling from the trees do to lack of rain.
Last week I decided to sign up for Prime on Amazon. I had avoided doing that as I am not one to watch many movies. Since it is easier for me to order online now I am liking this change-as the deliveries are much faster-and I can add to an order before it ships-and the free shipping is great. I would always make sure before to meet the minimum for free shipping but I would be adding a little something that I didn't need-so am liking it so far. Do you have Prime and like it? I will decide after the year if it is a value or not.
Looks like warmer weather this week than what they first predicted-we do have rain coming in this week too
Happy Monday
Dear Kathy, I hope you really enjoy stitching your patriotic scroll. It’s always wonderful to have a beautiful project on the go.
ReplyDeleteI use Prime, though it makes sense to look up the movies you want to watch beforehand—otherwise, you can easily get sidetracked and spend forever browsing... there are a lot of mediocre films out there, so it’s best to just search for the specific movie you want.
We also have access to a lot of movies via the TV channels' online libraries; since we pay broadcasting fees anyway, these films are available at no extra cost.
Best regards, Viola
Thanks Viola, I was surprised with the Prime that many of their movies you have to pay for -I wasn't expecting that-I watch Tubi if I want a movie-a free app here in the states.
DeleteI so enjoyed the last scroll, so will enjoy this one too-totally different fabrics in this one-hugs
Always love reds and blues, so I do like your latest scroll. We do not have Prime and I do not order from Amazon. No help here for you. Janice
ReplyDeleteI don't get out the house much these past few months-so shopping with Amazon has been a big help for me-and the Prime ships out much faster.
DeleteI will enjoy this scroll too as I found some nice fabrics for it
I don't do a lot of sewing anymore, but I definitely remember the annoyance of a straight pin coming out (and often finding it with my bare foot!)
ReplyDeleteYes and some of those straight pins for sewing are very very sharp too
DeleteLovely work!
ReplyDeletethank you I will enjoy stitching this patriotic scroll
DeleteThat's really smart to use safety pins. I hate when straight pins fall out, which of course they do. And I have Prime, and I like it, and if you have a KIndle you get a free book each month. They send you a small list to choose from, and sometimes there's nothing much interesting, but free is free. Hope the cool weather stays for you. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteThanks Erika about a free kindle book each month I will look forward to that-I read mostly on my kindle these days as I can make the fonts larger too.
Deletefor this type of project-I really liked the coil less safety pins-the pins can move around a bit without that big coil on the bottom. The cool weather feels soooo good too-they changed to a few warmer days this week before rain comes in
Great you have fun doing this! I think sewing days will have to wait till I retire, it´s just too complicated (don´t laugh).
ReplyDeleteGood morning Iris, new things can be complicated-hugs-there are many you tube videos to help though hugs
DeleteOh i do like your idea of using safety pins!!! Even with what little sewing i do i poke myself so much and they are forever in danger of coming out... safety pins are on my shopping list!! .. We've had Prime for quite a while... I think it has saved us quite a bit in shipping and i'am a movie person so i watch alot of movies on Prime... its nice to have i think... I'm fixing to write you a letter so i won't type too much here! Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteGoodmornng Deb, I have had letter writing on my mind too. I would suggest buying coiless safety pins if you can find them-I prefer those on fabrics they are hard to find.
DeletePrime would be great for movie watching-but was surprised lots of them have to pay for
these are on amazon Dritz Quilting Dritz 3026 Curved Coil-less Safety Pins, Size 1 (50-Count), Nickel
DeleteThanks for the link to the safety pins...i should know .. but why coiless? yeah you think you pay for Prime or whatever service and all the movies are free but their not! especially the new releases...
DeleteI just recently learned about the coil less pins-they are nice for fabric projects because the pins can move around on the fabric without the coils catching on things-I ran out of them and used the regular ones-but I do like the coil less pins better
DeleteLove the Patriotic Stitch, and I'm glad to hear you're on Prime. It's helped me out so much both in my dumpster rental business and my personal life. Come Holiday Season, I think you'll really love it!
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon ,thank you so much
DeleteKathy, I am just catching up on blog reading after our travels , so had to do some back reading to catch-up. I was sorry to read about Larry deteriorating health, even though you have shared this many times, still it is unsettling. Glad you are getting some help. I have never sewn anything myself, so can't comment on your projects but they look lovely from what you have shared. Cooler weather would be nice.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back home-looking forward to your post about your latest adventure-hugs
DeleteLarry is getting a bit worse every day now-difficult for the both of us for sure. This is a relaxing project-just straight lines- a hot day tomorrow-close to 90-again-and the cooler-can't make its mind haha
I love the red white and blue we have that on our porch for colors. Nice to have a project.
ReplyDeleteNo I do not have prime. I know it is a great convenience for you but I try to order as little as possible from them.
Cathy
I am not that crazy shopping more with amazon-but with prime getting orders faster now, and is getting harder to leave Larry alone now-so I just get out of the house when I need fresh food now adays. I don't want movies much so that part is not a benefit for me. but their fast ship with Prime is good for me now. I longer shop on ebay as I had a lot of problems with sellers the last two years. wal mart on line is petty good too in my situation
Deleteooops sorry for the typos I don't watch movies I no longer shop on ebay
DeleteKathy your patriotic scroll looks lovely. I like the idea of you using safety pins. Years ago when I sewed I used straight pens which if you were not watching certainly stabbed you. There is a good benefit for Prime if you need something almost immediately. I do not have it but if I was rather tied down...certainly would consider having a membership. Hope Larry is not in too much pain. I know you are taking the best care of him. Bless you friend. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much-hugs and thank you for keeping us in your prayers
Delete