Good morning, I feel like allergy season has begun already-ugh Checked online and only thing that is high is mold-so that explains in for me.
After reading Erika's post on geli printing-I got excited again to try this. A bit before Larry's accident I bought a geli plate and brayer. I have a large set of acrylic colors and watercolors too.
I bought a few pads of nicer papers off of Amazon yesterday, but will play around first with what I have. Reading online it seems hot press is the better option instead of cold press papers for this technique.
I was browsing online for you tube videos on this subject-aren't these videos just the best for learning something new? Ran into an artist using watercolors-am thinking of trying that out first.
Here is the video
Have any of you tried watercolors? Larry's two nurses come today-so thinking I will get myself set up for tomorrow. They come at different times during the day and I find out when they call me that they are on their way.
Enjoy your day
I have a gelli plate... a small one... sitting in a drawer i have never used... looking forward to your results! Yes! Kathy is going to play! Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteSmiles--I need to try to get back to more normal but difficult
DeleteKathy this was such an interesting you-tube video. I will be anxious to see what you do with your watercolors. Hope Larry and you are doing well. We have had so much rain here but it sounds like you have not had so much. Take care and have a lovely week. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie, yes we are in much need of rain in this area for sure. I have not tried out my gelli plate yet for prints but this was the first I saw about using watercolors but I will play with the acrylics too-always sounded like a fun activity-will use these to send to my slow mail friends-hugs
DeleteI've never watercolored on my gel plate but I don't see why it wouldn't work and make some interesting prints.
ReplyDeleteI thought this gel plate was just for acrylics-so I am going to try it out with watercolors too should be fun
DeleteI don't enjoy doing watercolours as much. Hope it goes smoothly with the nurses.
ReplyDeleteThank you Christine- I like watercolors more than acrylics but I do tend to add too much water
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried watercolors on my Gelli plate-yet. But I do like painting with watercolors. There are so many good Gelli plate videos. I've been watching some myself. Some are good, some are not. I hope the nurse visits went well. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to play with my Gelli plate tomorrow or the next day seems like a fun day with paints-smiles. we had a new nurse today which we liked as well thanks Erika
DeleteI have watercolors and a sketchbook I paint in every now and then; it’s fun to play with colors, just like with fabric or yarn... I wish you lots of success and enjoyment, and I look forward to seeing your results... the video is great. It’s just wonderful that you can learn almost anything via video these days...
ReplyDelete:-))) Hugs to you Kathy.
Viola
Good morning Viola, I agree so many how to videos online now-loving that. when I was painting a bit I enjoyed watercolors the best hugs back
DeleteI enjoyed the video. Thank you, Kathy, for sharing. I have never used watercolours on my gelli plate, but I liked the idea to paint with watercolours on the gelli plate, and probably I will give it a try. Hugs, my friend.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Mia, I am happy you enjoyed the video-I thought it had a lot of great ideas to try. will try it out soon hugs
DeleteI have done watercolor and oil painting. Not really a fan of either but that is just me. There are those who re fantastic at it and I am not...so thats probably why I dont like it. Good luck and You Tube videos are great! Janice
ReplyDeleteI tried out acrylics for awhile but the paint dries, tried goache paints-I think watercolors are my favorite-but I tend to use too much water at times. I agree videos online are like going to a class at home-smiles
DeleteThe video is pretty practical. Wish you a fantastic day, Kathy.
ReplyDeleteThank you yes lots of how to information
DeleteHave fun with your gelli plate and brayer. They were all the rage at some stage.
ReplyDeleteHow are you getting one with the ice cream? Did you make any more>? Did Larry enjoy any of it?
Happy T-Day, (belated, again)
Lisca