Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Hot Hot and Hotter & Crafts Update

   Good morning,

   This morning I grabbed my -not so good-camera to see if I could catch the sunrise.

We have a very dead tree that needs to be cut down that shows up in these photos.


Below photo the clouds began to cover the sun


Another week or more of extreme heat and humidity here at Lake in the Ozarks and surrounding areas. We were do for a hot summer though-we get these every couple of years or so.

I made a dental appt on Monday as over the weekend-one of the bad areas on the bottom with fillings was giving me issues. My car is a 1999 Mountainer  and I just do not feel comfortable driving it in these extreme weather conditions, especially since I couldn't get an early appt. So this morning I called and cancelled-will see how this goes. To keep things in check I take an herbal antibiotic Oreganol. 

 I have done some more hooking on the rug. Have been struggling with the white wool as it is really too thick-don't remember this being such a struggle. So I dug through my wool stash and found a much thinner white wool. I think I will mix it with the thicker wool so it will not be so noticeable-it is a different shade of white as well. I may need to think more on this as the photo really shows up the difference in the whites



Yesterday I worked on the civil war era meditative scroll. Am liking it so far Most stitch this across the length not the width-decided this direction would be easier to stitch and it is-I may go back and add some decorative stitches to some of the edges.


  Well I am off to eat my bowl of oatmeal with added freeze dried blueberries and strawberries.

Enjoy your day!


For Deb-I love these wooden vintage ones I had one already and bought two more off of etsy-had to hunt for a good price  You may be able to find one there at a resale shop  I set up for a few wooden sewing thread spools too





15 comments:

  1. Rinsing your mouth with warm salt water can help too... I see the difference you mention with the white on the rug... I think you just have to decide what your willing to fight with :) HOT here too... Everyday right around 100F.. a little under a little over... uuuughhh... so ready for a breath of Fall... even just a little tease...lol I LOVE the idea of a medative scroll ... the one your working on and i'd like to do one for myself too... I had to smile at your oatmeal...I eat oatmeal every morning ... cinnamon... raisins...honey.... nuts (different kinds) , sunflower seeds... wish i could find roasted UNSALTED pumpkin seeds... I need to search online.. Have a wonderful day Kathy... Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a bowl of oatmeal every day too-and change up the fruits and the sweetners-honey, agave, or stevia.
      This is a brutal summer for a lot of us for sure. Thankfully we are not this hot and humid every year. good thing we are getting rain from time to time which is a plus some hot summers no rain at all til September.
      I am thinking I will go back to the thicker white-as the difference will bug me in the end. have a good day as well hugs

      Delete
    2. Oh and there are lots of you tube videos about these meditative scrolls-full of ideas I bought two large spools on ebay I also had one if you like tiny they do these on wooden thread spools as well-I have a couple cut for that too

      Delete
    3. ooops not ebay-which I no longer buy from but on etsh

      Delete
    4. LOL!!! Yeah i need spool... I might try to be clever with what i wrap it around...hmm..... I have so much stash... surely i have something.... i'll let you know... :)

      Delete
    5. for slow stitching I really like https://www.youtube.com/@k3n.clothtales she has new content out on mondays and fridays

      Delete
  2. Kathy your photos of that sky are absolutely such a peaceful scene. I am sorry to read that you have been under such extreme heat. We are enjoying cooler days in the mid 80's. Lots of rain. I hope you can get an earlier appt. for your dental situation. Always enjoy seeing your lovely work with the quilt and rug hooking. You are so very talented friend. Take care and have a blessed day. Hugs! (P.S. - going to catch up on your posts I missed now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie-thanks so much for dropping by Hugs

      Delete
    2. I just added a photo of one of my spools-you will want one

      Delete
  3. We have finally cooled down a bit compared to last week, but could still use a good rainstorm. I know what you mean about being cautious avout driving an older car and hope that your tooth doesn't cause more serious hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I don't need to take chances-that's for sure-hoping to get out early tomorrow morning tue and fridays we have two nurses that come out ar different times and they don't let me know ahead of time when they are coming. I got a call from my nearby friend that they were going to town this morning-but this is nurses day--hoping to get out tomorrow.
      I am hoping for a cooler september so I can trade the suburban in for a new car for me. the dealer I am going to is an hour away
      So far my tooth is not acting up-smiles

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunrise photos. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting

Hot Hot and Hotter & Crafts Update

   Good morning,    This morning I grabbed my -not so good-camera to see if I could catch the sunrise. We have a very dead tree that needs t...