Happy new week.
We hit a 100 F degrees yesterday plus the high humidity, so I checked the weather forecast and Wow we will be in the 100's or 99 F for the next 10 days- September coming in with a major heat wave. The full moon was huge and gorgeous over the weekend.
In the past we have had this kind of weather before, we are now lacking rain big time-not sure how this is effecting our farmers here getting hay made and bringing in the last of the crops.
I had cut down the ugly dying lilac bushes and the one to the right looking out towards the steps here-has lots of shoots, the other side did not come back. So not sure if this will come back nicer or just a mess-anyone know?
Over the weekend I stitched on the scroll and am almost finished to the end-this week I should be able to finish. When finished I will go over it all and see if there are any edges that need to be stitched down. I am using a varigated thread for those areas. The body of the scroll is two rows in brown and two rows in blue threads and repeat. I am happy with it so far-it is calming too if you enjoy handwork.
Enjoy your new week
Oh, lucky you! We have 62F... Send the temps over, please!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are still having that kind of heat I hate it so much. We are going to be in the 60s the past few days have been so perfect! cool mornings warm days and crisp evenings
ReplyDeleteyour stitching sound nice.
Cathy
Same here for the foreseeable future as i'm sure you know... so much for an early Fall which i was sure i was seeing signs for... I see for the next week we are at 99 and not 100+ so i guess thats something...lol When the mornings start getting cooler i'll know Fall is on the way... right now we are still well in the 70's every morning.. Sadly i don't know much about Lilac Bushes... they don't grow well here.. Hope you'll show us your handiwork when you finish... I've been painting on at least a dozen canvases... putting all the base coats on or sketching in what i want on them... its been fun! I've never tried to work this way so many all at once... usually i work on one until done... These i want to do like a round robin... what i think will happen is eventually one or two or three will grab me and i will have trouble putting them down to move on... hasn't happened yet... lol Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteI was surprised that we hit 104 degrees sunday not counting the humidity index this week all 100's for the high-a bit craziness haha. Yes I will share my scroll-am quite happy with it-a couple more days and I will finish the stitches across-then to check everything and then do a blanket stitch around the edges and will be ready to go one of my vintage wooden spools- goo dluck with your paintings hugs
DeleteStay cool Kathy as best you can. I saw how hot it was going to be. I have a friend in North Carolina and she was complaining about the heat too. It's cloudy and not even 70's at my house today. I just wish it would rain because we are so dry again. We just seem to keep missing the rain, meaning 2 towns away it rains but it dissipates by the time it gets to my house. :( If it's going to cool and cloudy as it might as well rain. I can't wait to see your handy work too. I sounds like it's going to be nice. Happy September. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteHi Erika, seems like most of the country needs rain except for those areas getting too much. I am ready for a cool down for sure. I think I am getting some hummingbird travelers now as I needed to refill the feeders today. I agree if you get a cool down you should get rain too-smiles Happy September hugs
DeleteYou really are getting the heat waves, Kathy, and I am thankful that we are just overcast today and about 70 degrees. There is a forecast of rain and it would be welcome as we can see how the river level has dropped this summer. The scroll seems to be coming along well and a good way to keep indoors and out of the heat.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, yes we are in heat wave still for sure. we need rain as well here. stay cool hugs
DeleteOh my goodness, that's hot! And what a shame about the lilacs. I hope you can keep at least a bit cool.
ReplyDeleteYep staying indoors mostly I check the mail on top of the hill, and I take care f the hummingbirds-mostly indoors
DeleteOh that is hot.
ReplyDeleteYes it is getting very tiresome too
Delete