Sunday, July 26, 2026

Extreme Hot Summer Continues & This and That

   We did get one day of relief from the extreme heat here but we are back to high 90's with humidity.

  Most of the orioles are back on their insects diet so I see just a few at the feeders now. I so enjoyed watching them all summer and then seeing the youngsters as well.  We have more hummingbirds now too. I am back to taking the feeders down just before dark as a racoon or something is knocking them down now.

It's been a rough week as care giver but we talked it over and I am getting help from home health. Using the same service as before when husband first came home from the hospital almost 3 years ago now. 

I am working on controlling emotions and sadness but I will stay strong-as needed. I am at the time realizing I need help and can't continue alone Lack of sleep does not help me either. I did go sound asleep and woke up around 3 am-caught up on emails and then finished up a puzzle on Jigsaw Planet. Around 4 am Larry needed help-now to get my emotions back in check, drink a stress relief herbal tea-and lay back down for a bit.

  My right leg finally feels a bit better today. My knee was swollen and in pain from working on the hill in hot sun trimming the bushes. Then a couple days ago I got bit by something-perhaps a spider-had two marks together on my foot-which swelled up a lot. Online said to take an antistamine . I use Alavert now I can no longer take Benydril as it makes me very "high"  I can not take much in medicine, even asprin makes me nauseated so I use the herb white willow bark instead.

  went to the large Amish food store with our friends a few days ago and got some delicious huge cantaloupe that the Amish grow and sell. They also had some really nice fresh peaches so I bought enough to freeze-ended up with 12 half pints. Got the last of their fresh blueberries too. It is about an hour drive from where I live so I enjoyed getting out of the house and going along with my nearby neighbors. They go there quite often-so when they went again yesterday they picked up two more melons. I will freeze some of the melon this time. It is about the only thing Larry wants to eat now. No more blueberries though, I wish I would have bought more.

  The other day comments were working for me so will see what happens.  I am almost finished stitching the third slow stitch bag. and then can work on assembling this one and mailing it off.  Thinking I will take a break from the bags and stitch on my meditative scrolls that I have set up to stitch.

  Happy new week



  

No comments:

Extreme Hot Summer Continues & This and That

   We did get one day of relief from the extreme heat here but we are back to high 90's with humidity.   Most of the orioles are back on...