Monday, August 24, 2026

A New Week Ahead

   Good afternoon Monday,

We are nearing the end of August already. Usually by the end of August I am soooo ready for cooler weather and a break from the high humidity.

 The huge speed boat race was this weekend, but they moved it to another location on the lake-so we stayed much quieter here on this part of the lake where we live. We did see a handful of the speedboats which are always fun to watch-but not the constant weekend of them going back and forth in front of us-so that was really nice for a change. This is the first year that I did not watch it on the tv. I think they changed where they are broadcasting from so I would have needed to hunt out where to watch. Didn't miss it all that much. These are timed races that go on for two days with many different types and classes of boats. This does draw a huge crowd of people to the lake.  There was also another huge event going on as well.

  We had an oxygen crises early Sunday afternoon. The oxygen concentrator quit working-we have two tanks of oxygen but they each are barely two hours-so that was scary. Do to all the traffic on the highway with those lake events- the oxygen delivery was an hour late-I was on the phone with the fire department to see if they had oxygen or not when the delivery arrived-That was a bit frightening for sure.

  I have exceptional hearing, and these concentrators are noisy-this new one is sooo much louder-ugh-will take me several days to adjust to it so I can sleep. 

  I did get the cold press papers I ordered for the gelli plate-but I was in the mood to continue stitching on my civil war scroll. I am over half way finished now-and am enjoying the stitching.  Will share photos when finished.

  I got a huge surprise when I visited Angie's blog today, so am a bit leary to visit again. There are a lot of ads that pop up now that I need to close to read her blog-Not sure if everyone gets this or if it is the way my computer security is set up-but when I closed one of them down-I got warning warning attack-so I turned my computer off right away and restarted it.  Just wanted to pass this on in case any of you happened to get this as well. I do enjoy her site very much, but that was a bit scary for sure.

  Over the weekend I baked up a peach upside down cake with a new to me gluten free cake mix. It turned out so delicious. My camera does not take indoor photos well so I did not get a good enough one to share. I haven't baked in a long time so it was a nice sweet treat-perfect for breakfast too.

Happy Monday and new week

School starts soon here



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting

A New Week Ahead

   Good afternoon Monday, We are nearing the end of August already. Usually by the end of August I am soooo ready for cooler weather and a b...