Good afternoon Monday,
We are nearing the end of August already. Usually by the end of August I am soooo ready for cooler weather and a break from the high humidity.
The huge speed boat race was this weekend, but they moved it to another location on the lake-so we stayed much quieter here on this part of the lake where we live. We did see a handful of the speedboats which are always fun to watch-but not the constant weekend of them going back and forth in front of us-so that was really nice for a change. This is the first year that I did not watch it on the tv. I think they changed where they are broadcasting from so I would have needed to hunt out where to watch. Didn't miss it all that much. These are timed races that go on for two days with many different types and classes of boats. This does draw a huge crowd of people to the lake. There was also another huge event going on as well.
We had an oxygen crises early Sunday afternoon. The oxygen concentrator quit working-we have two tanks of oxygen but they each are barely two hours-so that was scary. Do to all the traffic on the highway with those lake events- the oxygen delivery was an hour late-I was on the phone with the fire department to see if they had oxygen or not when the delivery arrived-That was a bit frightening for sure.
I have exceptional hearing, and these concentrators are noisy-this new one is sooo much louder-ugh-will take me several days to adjust to it so I can sleep.
I did get the cold press papers I ordered for the gelli plate-but I was in the mood to continue stitching on my civil war scroll. I am over half way finished now-and am enjoying the stitching. Will share photos when finished.
I got a huge surprise when I visited Angie's blog today, so am a bit leary to visit again. There are a lot of ads that pop up now that I need to close to read her blog-Not sure if everyone gets this or if it is the way my computer security is set up-but when I closed one of them down-I got warning warning attack-so I turned my computer off right away and restarted it. Just wanted to pass this on in case any of you happened to get this as well. I do enjoy her site very much, but that was a bit scary for sure.
Over the weekend I baked up a peach upside down cake with a new to me gluten free cake mix. It turned out so delicious. My camera does not take indoor photos well so I did not get a good enough one to share. I haven't baked in a long time so it was a nice sweet treat-perfect for breakfast too.
Happy Monday and new week
School starts soon here
Afternoon update: Sadly Dolly Pardon has passed She will be missed by many
I would not be a fan of loud boats going back and forth for days, so in my opinion it's a good thing the races got moved. Scary about the oxygen.
ReplyDeleteI agree, the first year here it was fun seeing all the race boats-but they do take over the whole lake-so am happy they are at the other end now. yes it was scary about the oxygen. I think that machine was not working right for some time-there is a bubbler on it which is water in a bottle that puts moisture in the oxygen-and the water never got used up at all this new one I have refilled the water once already and will need to again
DeleteHi Kathy, I, too, am so ready for cooler temperatures, fall colours and fresh, crisp air! And the harvest of my favourite root vegetables. Rutabaga (Swedish turnip), beets, carrots, potatoes, etc. Oh, yes indeed!
ReplyDeleteI also have exceptional hearing and I totally empathize with you, dear friend! I like the water and watching boats...more paddle boats, canoes, ships and rowboats, as they don't make any (or if any, very little) noise. I also like watching sailboats. I haven't watched race boats in decades, so I cannot comment on this, as my memory is vague.
I am glad you figured out a way to reduce the noise so that you can sleep. Scary about the oxygen.
Hi Linda, this has been a rough summer for a lot of us this year. I love fall veggies too-wish we had a farmer's market nearby.
DeleteIn early spring and fall we do get to see a couple sailboats here on the lake-bigger ones they are beautiful to watch. and before and after summer we see paddle boats too. I had not heard of speedboat races like this where they go solo and compete for the best time.
Yes that was a bit too scary with the oxygen. Have a good new week hugs
Gosh Kathy that must have been so scary... I am particuarly sensitive to noises... a repetitive noise can drive me up a wall... Like say someone bouncing a basketball... so i sympathize with you on the oxygen sound... AND the noise from the Lake.. We lived a half mile from the Lake in Arkansas and the noise drove us crazy... Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just quietly fished... ?! lol I'am so ready for the heat to go away too... I'll even take a cool morning... something with a hint of Fall in it .... I've just about got all my grass done... thats one blessing i can count... super HOT and no rain... less mowing and weedeating... Going to the Golf Driving Range this morning before it gets hot... meeting daughter there... uuughh... i'd rather be sleeping... lol Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteGood morning Deb, I even called the oxygen co to ask if they exchange the oxygen machine and they said no they have no control over that-this is sooo loud-I am sleeping on the floor in the spare "junk type" room haha this used to be a porch I think that closed in-has sliding glass doors and another door to outdoors and no vent in here so no a/c or heat-I am sleeping on pillows for now-I ordered a cot mat that is 3 inches thick so hoping that helps. Our bedroom is next door so I can hear Larry if he needs me.
ReplyDeleteI so am loving these cooler mornings too-to dry to pull weeds but I do have some weed eating too. my neighbor has been cutting my grass for me when he comes down once a month-so thankful for that,
sleeping in sounds better than golfing-smiles enjoy your day hugs
Hi Kathy,
ReplyDeleteYou had a bad experience with the oxygen crisis, but I am glad that finally everything went OK.
I want you to know that you can use any paper you want on your gelli plate. It works perfectly with copy paper, Bristol, tissue paper, etc. You do not need to order paper especially for this use.
School starts in September in Greece too.
I am sorry for the loss of Dolly Pardon.
Hugs, my friend.
Good morning Mia, thank you for the tip on papers for geli plate. we had another issue with the oxygen yesterday-ugh but all good now-needed to change oxygen companies. I didn't know she was fighting cancer but had read she has been ill. a great loss but she is with her husband now hugs
DeleteSo scary on the oxygen tanks.
ReplyDeleteHi Christine, yes that was scary-then we found out this week that that when Larry went on hospice No one told us we could no longer use that oxygen co because they did not contract on with hospice-so have a new company since last night-their machine is soooo much quieter too
DeleteIf you're on a computer, you can use ad block or adblock plus. It doesn't clear out everything, depending on how they are embedded but it blocks mosst of them for me. The oxy thing is scary.
ReplyDeletethank you I don't think I have that as block on my computer any more forgot about that thanks will ask Larry about it that was scary with the oxygen.
DeleteI am late n reading this post, Kathy, but glad that Larry is OK and can well imagine the stress you both must have been dealing with. Hopefully there will not be a recurrence. We don't have loud boats on the river here, just kayaks mainly, but we do have people who like to roar their motorcycles in the downtown area.
ReplyDeletethat oxygen crisis was scary I am liking the new oxygen co we needed to go with for medicare payment-equipment is more professional. Ah yes motorcycles can be very loud. the speed boats for timed races this weekend are fly by today haha happy weekend
Delete