Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Found a Gluten Free Cake Mix-and This & That

  Good afternoon Wednesday,

   We are back to the high humidity and 90's F again today, and looks like for most of the week too. I am preparing myself for a hot September here.

   I drove in this morning for a blood test, to make sure my thyroid wasn't off causing my loss of hair and weight that was happening or this is happening do to stress instead. The wall clock I use for the time for appt's etc stopped working correctly as I was at the doctor's office half an hour late-I left the house at 9 am for my 9:30 appt and got there at 10 am-they were understanding, but I needed to wait another half an hour for the test-glad they worked me in.

 On the way home I stopped at the family owned small grocery store to pick up some items-was looking for fresh veggies and fruits mostly, and to get more chicken stock-unsalted for Larry as he can't swallow much now-mostly proteins are an issue. Their store of course is more expensive than Wal Mart but it is closer and less traffic-and sometimes they have nice fresh items.

  I wanted to share the gluten free cake mix I found on Amazon. I don't care for cake mixes, but sometimes they bake up nicer than from scratch gluten free. I only bought this one to try as the ingredients were all good-no added ingredients with those long names. I don't think I have followers any more that need gluten free except for one friend whose husband has celiac I wanted to share this one as this is a new to me product-have not seen this in the stores here.

  I was very happy with this mix. Hoping that you can read the ingredients on the second photo-as there is nothing added except ingredients you would use at home to bake a cake


Click photo to enlarge to be able to read ingredient list-if interested

 
I went back to Amazon this morning to see if there were other products from this company. I found one that looked good but the ingredients had wheat for the flour and the package says gluten free-that was bad.  I will stick with this yellow cake mix.  I like them for upside down cakes or to make cupcakes with.

   If you are back to these hot and humid temps too-stay safe and cool and I just discovered the big Shoot Out the speed boat races are this weekend and the events started today  so we'll see if we get a lot of boats still speeding by our windows   more here  The good thing about this event-they raise a lot of money for charities and rural fire departments in this area around the lake in the ozarks.

10 comments:

  1. Hello! Wow that cake mix looks really good-and so healthy for a prepackaged food. We are cool here-it's like fall weather already. Thinking of you and praying too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Debra I am ready for a fall day for sure. I have never see a cake mix with no chemicals etc added-bakes up really nice too

      Delete
  2. Some hot weather is coming in for next week here for us too. Good luck with the cake mix. We do not eat many sweets here. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't eat much in sweets any more either-I bake something like for a treat-stay cool hugs

      Delete
  3. The hot humid temps have not left us since mid July... so tired of copy and paste 100+ degree days... so so dry.. huge cracks in the ground... Usually it takes a big ol' storm to get us out of this pattern... so when it comes it should be a humdinger... nothing in the forecast though... Even my SunFlowers are giving up the ghost... I was so sad to hear of Dolly 's passing... For me a light has definitely gone out in the World... I shed a few tears for her.. comforting though to think of her with her precious Dean... Her personality.. her music... her movies have be a part of my life.. My favorite moment i can still remember is her and Kenny Rogers singing Islands in the Stream up on stage... at the time i remember thinking they had to be married...lol So glad you found a gluten free delicious cake mix!!! :) Hope you blood test turns out fine my friend... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty rough weather. we were lucky this summer as we did get off an on each month which really helps out. sorry about your sunflowers. I was sad too about Dolly. glad our President has the flag at half mast for her. She was a very special lady I saw the results posted when I woke up in the middle of the night. Looking up the the three things that were high-looks like I need to stop adding protein powder to my oatmeal in the morning, and stop drinking protein drinks seems they are doing more harm then good-haven't heard back from the doctor though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually use mixes either, but sometimes they are just easier. Hope your thyroid test comes back ok. Hope it cools off soon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting

Found a Gluten Free Cake Mix-and This & That

  Good afternoon Wednesday,    We are back to the high humidity and 90's F again today, and looks like for most of the week too. I am pr...