Friday, August 28, 2026

Meat Box Arrived

   I get excited when my meat box arrives. I tried a couple companies and I really like Good Chop They now are offering  Pacific ocean fish and Florida shrimp. The shrimp looks really good.

  For about a year or so now,  I get two meat boxes a year and also fish from Alaska. The fish from Alaska sadly now is getting too expensive except if I buy just a salmon box-which is my favorite fish anyways.

  We are hot and humid again now, and the race boats are flying by our window haha. For some reason I think they changed the date to this last weekend in August-before it was the third weekend but perhaps just how the calendar worked out this year. They can get very very loud.

 It's amazing what can be done if you just ask-we sold some more land and our realtor is coming to us for Larry and I to sign stuff. I have been asking Larry for the last 15 years or so that we need to change some legal things-"don't worry about it" has been his answer- Yesterday he is in panic mode we must---yes I know--so we can hire a traveling rotary for that too-they will pick up the legal papers for us who knew?? 

  This morning when our nurse came-she must have just noticed the hummingbirds. The feeders are near the steps-she was mesmerized by them-had never seen them up close before. Her and her husband are downsizing to a new home so I told her about feeding the orioles first and then the hummingbirds. She was excited-had me smiling.  I started out this year with one pair and it has built up to around a dozen hummers now. I think a couple more pairs found us-and I refill them every morning so they know they can depend on it.

  I am stitching on my scroll this morning. I have been a bit tired-but looking it up we already have seasonal allergies going on here. Another reason to stay indoors.

  Wow can you believe that Labor Day is just around the corner??  Enjoy your weekend


 


15 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting your affairs sorted out, not an easy task

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks yep one needs to take the time to do it hubs kept putting it off

      Delete
  2. Nice that Larry agreed to getting your finances in order. I miss my hummers this year as my vine did not grow this year. UGH ill have to replace next year. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy the hummers too-we had a hot summer so not many flowers for them this year-I don't mind making the nectar for them

      Delete
  3. Time does seem to go by so fast the older i get... i heard people say that when i was younger and don't think i believed it but i now know better.. :) i'am in a good place with the yard thank goodness... but believe it or not we just had a rain shower day before yesterday... a nice half inch... but i KNOW it will make me mow in the not too distant future... ah well... we need it.. This year like every year it amazes me how much life my wild SunFlowers bring to the yard... If its not the flowers its the shade they provide... Just the other day i saw 3 or 4 baby 5 lined Lizards running around... OMG so cute... alot of Horney Toads baby and big... fuzzy bumble bees all over the SunFlowers... surprisingly little to no wasps and not many honey bees just the big bumbles.. a few butterflies.. not hummingbirds but then i don't feed them... I tried figuring out a way to keep the humming bird food from just basically cooking in the sun... i have no shade... I worry about putting a bird bath out too.. although i'd love to... but i'm afraid it would just be boiling hot water.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always so enjoyed the hummingbirds-when super hot at mid day just dump the nectar and make fresh for the rest of the day.
      it was too hot this summer for the flowers I had planted for them this year. wildlife is so fun to observe-hugs

      Delete
  4. It's nice that the hummingbirds have become regular visitors, Kathy, especially that they now know where to get fed. We never had much luck when we lived in VA, but we did get some occasional visitors. Good tob read that more land was sold as having the money is a good thing these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we moved to the lake covid hit so nothing was selling, and then Larry's accident-it all so needs to get sold so the money can be invested-and less taxes to pay
      happy weekend

      Delete
  5. Thinking of you both! Praying...
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a hot week! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hummingbirds are definitely on the move for migration is well underway. We have had large numbers of hummingbirds here all week. They keep me busy filling up feeders. We are still having very hot days and needing rain badly. They say this may last until the middle of September. Take care and enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary same here I thought it looked like I was getting hummingbirds traveling through along with the ones that are here. We hit 99 degrees today-actual temperature a bit before 6pm. the humidity is up there too. I am thinking here too we will have hot summer staying through september here as well-it has happened before.
      I am enjoying stitching on my scroll-I am almost finished to the end now. When finished I will go through it all and see if any fabric edges need to be stitched down. You stay safe in this heat-hoping you are not making hay in this heat hugs

      Delete
  8. This never showed up in my blog lists, but I found it because your latest post did. Hummingbirds are so fun to watch for certain. Mine will be gone soon. I don't even think there are too many left because I haven't seen them today. OF course it's cooler at my house, almost too chilly. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting

Good Morning

   Found this on Facebook