Thursday, August 6, 2026

Rain & Catch Up

 Isn't rain and cooler weather just the best after days of near 100 F with high humidity?

   I did get a big food shopping trip accomplished yesterday morning, by the time I got every thing down into the house and put away I was exhausted-and Larry needed help as well. I have not been able to get a good sleep most of this week so far

    Last night though, I slept all night which is a huge plus for me as either I wake up in the middle of the night or Larry needs me.  So I even slept through all the hard rain and thunder and lightening last night as well-so I must have been in a very deep sleep.

  We really needed a good soaking, my perennials really needed this rain so am very grateful. When things dry out I will need to see if I can tackle some lawn mowing or weed eating. I will be welcoming fall so I won't need to concern myself about the grass cutting.

I finished a good book this morning. I have been reading several Dorothy Garlock books when they come up on sale-otherwise they are just too expensive for me to spend on a kindle book. She writes a lot of books and they are all different. I like that about an author, 

 Do you like to shop on Amazon?  I don't like giving one company most of my online business, but if there is a problem with an order they fix things every time. I closed my Ebay account awhile back as I ran into too many not honest sellers. I do check Wal mart online for some things too.

  This morning I will see if I can make progress on the rug hooking rug. I have a difficult time with that sometimes-but am close to a finish just having the borders to finish. Hoping I have enough wool strips left-as I am not sure if I have more of these colors or not-will need to check on that. I do have quite a wool stash still.

   Enjoy your day




24 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Rain and cooler weather is nice anytime!! :) Its been a long HOT summer... Fall is welcome anytime... I feel it may come early... spiders have gathered on my porches already... perhaps driven by the heat but they may know something as that does not happen until Fall is knocking on the door.. I find that rain either clears out the humidity or there is more humidity after the rain... you? I prefer the first one...lol
    Sleep has been scarce for me too... I often have trouble just shutting off my brain.. I'm usually a night owl even on good nights though.. Hubby he's a 10 pm to bed kind a guy..lol always has been.. Me? i usually see midnight..
    I'm ahead of the grass mowing for the moment... for the moment... I've pulled everything away from my porch to give it a good cleaning and spray for spiders... We get black widows and brown recluse here way too often to let that go.. .
    I like that about an author too... Some of them i think just make a good outline and then just fill in the blanks for the next book... Probably easy way to write and quick to put out another book for more $$ I'm reading... I can't seem to settle into any book lately... On my nightstand at the moment is The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys... short book, few chapters in... no spark yet...lol but i'll keep going..
    I shop Amazon... But its mostly for craft supplies... stamps... stencils... or something i can't find nearby.. Yeah i stopped doing Ebay a long while ago now... for the same reasons...
    I have so many projects on the go now its crazy and apparently no desire to work on any of them... sigh... my enthusiasm has waned on them all... Probably just the Summer doldrums... lol Take care Kathy... any best wishes to Larry... Glad your getting some cool weather and rain... send some my way pretty please...lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, we are getting lots of rain still so there will be flooding in the low areas here. Loving the cool down and the rain. I will have to work on the grass cutting after this dries out for sure. I got bit by a recluse spider at the woods house, a friend insisted I go to the emergency room-it was necessary.
      I agree I don't like authors that write the same style all the time this author I mentioned is really good-books so different-she is too expensive though I won't spent over 3.99 for a kindle book. we live too rural for any crafts shopping-easier to buy online and get it delivered especially now.
      I picked up the rug hooking this morning-I am really struggling with it. I went with the primitive that most hook with 1/4" wide striips-I don't like this width as I use reclaimed wool clothing that I take apart-and wash in hot water to felt it before cutting into strips- some of the wool I use is thicker so it's a struggle for me. I will work on this to get it finished though
      I do like having different projects going to suit my mood. I want to start sewing those quilt blocks together soon. enjoy the rest of your week

      Delete
  2. We only had a few days really hot, but still need some rain. We do prefer to shop on amazon as it's so much easier and convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we got a lot of much needed rain today and last night-hoping you get some soon too

      Delete
  3. I do hope you have enough wool. It would be such a shame if you got stuck right st the end. (could you dye some wool in the right color?)
    Happy for you that you have rain. We desperately need rain here. On the plus side. When it's hot, it's a dry heat and it doesn't feel so oppressive.
    I've not read anything by that author. I will look her up.
    Happy Friday,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Lisca, I found a little bit more of the white wool-hoping it will be enough-thinking I will just make it. We so needed rain and got a lot of it thankfully. a cooler day today and then back up to the very hot weather and humidity again. That does make a big difference if you don't hve the humidity.
      I hope you like her, she has a lot of books out-just have to look for a good price. Happy Friday and weekend

      Delete
  4. We are hot and humid right now and I hate it!!!! Come on fall!
    I do order from Amazon but only under protest because we can't find the items close by.
    Glad you got some good sleep that makes all the difference.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, I am soooo ready for fall too-my Yard is a mess but being the care giver and too hot and humid I will catch up in september hopefully.
      We are really rural here actually more so than when we lived in the woods-there the nearest city had everything. Amazon is a better option than ebay these days. I do shop online at wal mart sometimes too.
      Yes sleep is important-last night was another no sleep night-ugh
      Happy Friday

      Delete
  5. You must have needed the sleep, and the rain might have lulled you into the deep sleep. I do shop Amazon for certain things. There's a few things I can get there I can't find easily elsewhere (like insulin syringes for the dog) or things I can find cheaper there. And I like to browse at books there too. It can be dangerous. Grin. How is the home nurse working out, hopefully still well. And I hope it stays a bit cooler and you have a wonderful weekend too. And I just read your last comment about having a no sleep night, so I hope you get a good one tonight. Take care of yourself Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, I do buy books on amazon too The home nurse is pretty good-Larry isn't crazy about her-she is a little rough on the edges, the other nurse comes the same days and she washes his hair etc. It can be difficult to take care of oneself for sure. I am working on finishing the hooked rug piece-but I have several fiber related projects I can switch to as well. It can be difficult to take care of ourselves for sure-hugs

      Delete
  6. I am playing catch up myself. I do not shop Amazon. Mostly Etsy. Wish we would get some rain. We need it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, I shop etsy a lot too/ I dropped ebay too many bad sellers there happy weekend and hoping you get some rain soon

      Delete
  7. Dear Kathy, I love the Peanuts illustration! We have been getting rain periodically here in Montreal, but unfortunately it has not helped in easing up the heat and humidity we have been experiencing for a while now! I have never ordered anything online, I always go to the store and choose what I need to buy. If it is a large item such as furniture, the store delivers it to my apartment and places it where I want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are getting rain-we live pretty rural so not much in shopping unless I want to drive at least an hour to shopping mall-nice you have stores close by-hugs Happy weekend

      Delete
  8. I watched your rain storm on radar. Now wasn’t that so sweet. We got a half inch yesterday and the day before which we were thankful for. I loved the surprise of finding your letter in the mailbox this morning. The revolution stamps make each letter a work of art. Of course I am now thinking of a dozen things I want to write to you about. Best wishes to you and Larry. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, we got a lot of rain yesterday so nice-but today going forward very hot and humid-90's I love the revolution stamps too-hugs

      Delete
  9. I good soaking rain when things are dry is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to the sleep because we have a new dog and he's been up twice a night. Glad you got a good soak, hope you get some good sleep soon. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, a new dog takes getting used to-good luck

      Delete
    2. We love him to bits. Worth the time and work. This is his third home.

      Delete
    3. That's so hard for your dog to have gone through that-lots of patience-hugs

      Delete
  11. I have never read anything by Dorothy Garlock...will have to check out her books...so good you finally got e-blogger to work for you. :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have liked everything I have read from this author so far. she is expensive so I look for sales on her kindle books so far blogger is behaving haha sometimes it still will not let me post comments but working so far this week

      Delete

Thank you for visiting

Cool Down Has Arrived-& Catch Up

 Good morning Monday, Finally we have a cool down-it is 70 degrees at 6:20 am this morning, but the high today will be 75 F degrees with som...