Isn't rain and cooler weather just the best after days of near 100 F with high humidity?
I did get a big food shopping trip accomplished yesterday morning, by the time I got every thing down into the house and put away I was exhausted-and Larry needed help as well. I have not been able to get a good sleep most of this week so far
Last night though, I slept all night which is a huge plus for me as either I wake up in the middle of the night or Larry needs me. So I even slept through all the hard rain and thunder and lightening last night as well-so I must have been in a very deep sleep.
We really needed a good soaking, my perennials really needed this rain so am very grateful. When things dry out I will need to see if I can tackle some lawn mowing or weed eating. I will be welcoming fall so I won't need to concern myself about the grass cutting.
I finished a good book this morning. I have been reading several Dorothy Garlock books when they come up on sale-otherwise they are just too expensive for me to spend on a kindle book. She writes a lot of books and they are all different. I like that about an author,
Do you like to shop on Amazon? I don't like giving one company most of my online business, but if there is a problem with an order they fix things every time. I closed my Ebay account awhile back as I ran into too many not honest sellers. I do check Wal mart online for some things too.
This morning I will see if I can make progress on the rug hooking rug. I have a difficult time with that sometimes-but am close to a finish just having the borders to finish. Hoping I have enough wool strips left-as I am not sure if I have more of these colors or not-will need to check on that. I do have quite a wool stash still.
Enjoy your day
Oh yes! Rain and cooler weather is nice anytime!! :) Its been a long HOT summer... Fall is welcome anytime... I feel it may come early... spiders have gathered on my porches already... perhaps driven by the heat but they may know something as that does not happen until Fall is knocking on the door.. I find that rain either clears out the humidity or there is more humidity after the rain... you? I prefer the first one...lol
ReplyDeleteSleep has been scarce for me too... I often have trouble just shutting off my brain.. I'm usually a night owl even on good nights though.. Hubby he's a 10 pm to bed kind a guy..lol always has been.. Me? i usually see midnight..
I'm ahead of the grass mowing for the moment... for the moment... I've pulled everything away from my porch to give it a good cleaning and spray for spiders... We get black widows and brown recluse here way too often to let that go.. .
I like that about an author too... Some of them i think just make a good outline and then just fill in the blanks for the next book... Probably easy way to write and quick to put out another book for more $$ I'm reading... I can't seem to settle into any book lately... On my nightstand at the moment is The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys... short book, few chapters in... no spark yet...lol but i'll keep going..
I shop Amazon... But its mostly for craft supplies... stamps... stencils... or something i can't find nearby.. Yeah i stopped doing Ebay a long while ago now... for the same reasons...
I have so many projects on the go now its crazy and apparently no desire to work on any of them... sigh... my enthusiasm has waned on them all... Probably just the Summer doldrums... lol Take care Kathy... any best wishes to Larry... Glad your getting some cool weather and rain... send some my way pretty please...lol Hugs! deb
Good morning, we are getting lots of rain still so there will be flooding in the low areas here. Loving the cool down and the rain. I will have to work on the grass cutting after this dries out for sure. I got bit by a recluse spider at the woods house, a friend insisted I go to the emergency room-it was necessary.
DeleteI agree I don't like authors that write the same style all the time this author I mentioned is really good-books so different-she is too expensive though I won't spent over 3.99 for a kindle book. we live too rural for any crafts shopping-easier to buy online and get it delivered especially now.
I picked up the rug hooking this morning-I am really struggling with it. I went with the primitive that most hook with 1/4" wide striips-I don't like this width as I use reclaimed wool clothing that I take apart-and wash in hot water to felt it before cutting into strips- some of the wool I use is thicker so it's a struggle for me. I will work on this to get it finished though
I do like having different projects going to suit my mood. I want to start sewing those quilt blocks together soon. enjoy the rest of your week
We only had a few days really hot, but still need some rain. We do prefer to shop on amazon as it's so much easier and convenient.
ReplyDeletewe got a lot of much needed rain today and last night-hoping you get some soon too
Delete