Thursday, September 3, 2026

Seeing End of Scroll This Morning

 


I apologize again for the poor photo. Soon I guess I will see if I can figure out how to use Larry's cell phone and take photos that way 

  I should be able to finish the stitches within the next few days. To finish the scroll I will stitch a blanket stitch around the outer edges and then add to one of my vintage bobbins.   Then soon start on my patriotic scroll.

This has been a blessing for me-stitching without a lot of thought right now and accomplishing something in the end.

For me I did a brave thing-Larry is just too ill now to make decisions-he can but it would be an argument-We have numerous dead trees here along with huge ones that need trimming. We have gone through some major wind storms with nothing dropping yet-but last night I decided it was time.

   I browsed on Facebook Marketplace and found someone that looked good he is about an hour away and has numerous good reviews . My neighbor is here now too and he has two large trees to cut down as well.  I didn't even discuss this with Larry-mentally I needed to take charge and do this. 

  So hoping it works out well.  Smiles.  This is expensive but I am hoping he will make a bargain do to the huge job here. If it works out one less stress thing to worry about going into storms and winter.

  He sent me a photo of his setup as I was concerned the area he needs to drive down is between two steep hills-the area closest to the house is a concern but only way to get down there. 

    We have a friend that would do it but he would be using a very very heavy truck and he is not bonded or insured so that was a concern if something went wrong 

Wish me luck



  We continue to be in this very very hot and humid cycle. Once this ends hoping we get back to more normal weather. Along with some rain too. 

  I have many more hummingbirds still as I think some traveling through are sticking around a bit do to the high temps-They are such a joy to watch. I have always loved them

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! So happy to find you after much poking around and searching. It feels so good to near the end of a project. I admire the way you have stitched yourself to relaxing and caring for yourself. I miss some of my old creative projects. We also have high temps and humidity. Who would have thought that in Massachusetts?! It’s everywhere that climate isn’t the same as we remember. Good for you taking on such a big project on your own. I know the urge to do that but I’m willing to let Terry take over as I take care of myself. We had big trees over our house removed after moving here and I had never seen it done the same way. I would send you a video of that amazing removal but need your email address again. Pls send. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you here Barb-yes I went through a few blogs before I got this one to work. sometimes it won't publish my comments for awhile but for the most working good.
      I have enjoyed this slow stitch scroll project very much. once finished I have a second one set up that is a patriotic scroll for Americas 250th Many around the country are getting these very hot and humid days. better than snow though haha I met with the tree cutting crew and they seem pretty nice-They started working tonight on the neighbors trees. My neigbhor was thankful as he has been looking for someone to do this. I would to see your video.

      Delete
    2. I’ll try to post it on my blog. It’s not long and incredible to see how they remove trees here in Mass!

      Delete
    3. others would like to see it too I got your email things are a bit crazy here today so will watch it tomorrow hugs

      Delete

Thank you for visiting

Seeing End of Scroll This Morning

  I apologize again for the poor photo. Soon I guess I will see if I can figure out how to use Larry's cell phone and take photos that w...