I visited a few blogs this morning-but sadly could not leave a comment-Again. Just don't understand why I continue to get failed to publish. and I just tried commenting back to your comments here-ugh failed to publish thank you for visiting and commenting
This morning is the first in many many days that we don't have high humidity along with the hot temperatures. I have close to a dozen hummingbirds now that are very hungry by dawn. So, I was surprised the high humidity was absent this morning-early.
I now have hospice set up at home to help us-Larry's two nurses are amazing-so am thankful.
The other day I grabbed my basket with the civil war era meditative scroll to begin stitching. Many lay out this project as they go but I set up a couple-ready to stitch. Decided it would be easier for me to stitch across the short end-and then I may go back and stitch across the length-that would secure all the fabrics down better. I had shared photos on Instagram yesterday.
One of my slow mail friends-who sends me surprises through out the year-sent me an appliqued bird-that I love. Looking at it again-thinking this looks like the same width as my scroll-and it was-So I will be sewing it to the end of the scroll once I am finished. I have been thinking that I may sew a blanket stitch around the edges for a nice finish. photos will enlarge-just click on them
Enjoy your day
.jpg)
.jpg)
That bird looks awesome on your scroll and i think a blanket stitch would look nice :) So glad to hear your getting some help with Larry... I think we have settled in for a long stretch (perhaps the rest of the Summer) of 100+ degree days with the humidity from the all the rain we received in July.. 4"... which is 3 " more than we usually receive in July.. Hugs !deb
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for home health too-Integrity has been an excellent home health service. I love this bird too and perfect for my scroll. this is one of those very hot and humid Ozarks summers--stay cool
DeleteLovely bird. Thankful you have hospice care
ReplyDeletethank you I am very grateful
DeleteThe bird will be a great accent.
ReplyDeletethanks This bird is just perfect
DeleteI can comment but sometimes blogs I follow don't show up in my reading list for days. It's always something, isn't it? I'm glad you have some nurses who are now coming in to help.Hopefully they will take a bit of the burden off of you but Larry can still be home. Take care Kathy. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteThank you Erika, we like the two nurses too. yes home health is soooo much better-the nearby hospital and/or care facility are just horrible care. I am grateful and thankful--that's aggravating too about blog posts not showing up I don't thing Blogger is doing any maintenance any more on the site-so it is what it is
DeleteThis bird is awesome, Kathy!!!
ReplyDeleteNo problem if you can leave comments or no, my friend. Just keep being in blogland.
thank you so much Mia-commenting comes and goes-so won't fret over it-hugs
DeleteAdding in your bird your friend sent will be an awesome addition. Prayers for Larry. Janice
ReplyDeletethank you Janice-I agree I just love the bird for this placement
DeleteThe bird 🐦 is lovely, Kathy. Your comment came through on my blog, dear friend. 😘
ReplyDeleteThank you for being here.
Prayers for you and Larry.
thank you so much Linda. I was able to comment on blogs this evening-finally haha
DeleteWhat a nice surprise from your friend, Kathy. Also happy to read that you will have home care for Larry as it will give you some time for yourself as well.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Yes good for Larry too, this lovely bird was a wonderful surprise
DeleteSo glad you have the help at home that you need. I hope you are sleeping better now. I can't wait to see your scroll when it's finished.
ReplyDeleteTake good care....
Thank you Debra-hugs comments are now not going under the comment-oh well
DeleteI'm glad you are able to have Hospice-at-Home. I did that for a while to replace a sick colleague. But I worked actually at the hospice itself. If it's anything like the hospice-at-home in the UK, apart from physically helping you with Larry's care, they also support you through all of this.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful bird. Your slow-mail friend has hit the nail on the head. It's perfect!
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca
thank you so much Lisca, Yes I continue to get calls from others in Hospice for different things a good service
Delete